Kitchen Queers Blog


This BLOG is the companion to the KQ web site. http://www.kitchenqueers.com
Here you'll find behind the scenes details about our recipes, cocktails, other ideas in development and more.
Thank you for joining us in our San Francisco kitchen, bar and dining room.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

SAUSAGE BALLS: My New "Go To" Hors D'Oeuvre

Above: The KQ Sausage Balls.

SAUSAGE BALLS: My New "Go To" Hors D'Oeuvre
by Chef Mitch

I was looking for a flavorful and easy to make buffet item and I came across a recipe for Sausage Balls from a famous TV Chef.  I made them as directed and the first thing Chef Philip and I noticed is that they were as dry as the Mojave desert.

We did some experimenting, and by adding some sauteed peppers and onions to the mix, we got a more moist result and a more flavorful outcome as well.  We also cut back on the amount of baking mix used, because the recipe we started with was a little too doughy.

This is a great choice for a party, because you can serve them warm, and they still taste good when they are at room temperature.  Though it's not likely that many of them will sit around that long.  Every time I've made these the past two months, they are gobbled up in no time.

I like to serve these with a dipping sauce, such as the KQ Honey Mustard Dip.

You can find our KQ Sausage Balls recipe in the most recent update on the Kitchen Queers web site, (CLICK HERE).  

REMINDER: Enlarge the images by clicking on them.

Above: The KQ Sausage Balls just after coming out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment